Friday, June 28, 2013

Three Bags Full...

Donated Craft SUpplies

I am so spoiled by my WONDERFUL friends!

Just the other day, the fabulous Leah brought me over not three but FOUR giant garbage bags of crafting supplies. She's having a huge de-clutter at her place... so it's a win-win situation. Leah clears out her clutter, and I have new toys to play with.

Three bags are full of fabric. Mostly upholstery samples. There's so much rich texture in there, that my mind can hardly keep up with all the ideas flowing in... I'm dreaming of owls and unicorns, magic carpets and scrappy cushions. And did you ever play with those bean bag frogs when you were a kid? I'm dreaming of them too... Frogs with crazy eyes!

Then there's a giant bag of ribbon and braids. And when I say a giant bag, I'm not kidding. We're talking about those great big garbage bags!! Probably more than I will ever use in a lifetime. There's lace.. and silk.. and organza... and a whole bunch of other ribbons that I don't even know how to describe. 

I'm desperate to rip into it all and sort and play to my hearts content, but for now I'm being very reserved. Life is keeping me very busy, and I know that I need uninterrupted time for this one...

But one day soon I'll empty out those bags and create a Mountain of Possibility.

Maybe next week? The kids are on holidays, and this is one of those fun things we can do together. I just know that they'll have a million suggestions for what we can make - and that's ALWAYS a good thing. I love the perspective they bring to these activities. Nothing is impossible when you see it through their eyes!

Donated Craft SUpplies

1 comment:

Leah said...

It's great that these items found a wonderfully appreciative home! Can't wait to see what the collective laughing purple family will create!