Monday, October 1, 2012

Another finish...

So I spent some time on the weekend working on that Rag Bag as planned...

Rag Bag #1

And LOOK... it's finished!

Rag Bag #1

Take a close look at the closure... the denim strap with the buttonhole...

Guess what?

It's the waist band from a pair of jeans. Yep! Buttonhole and all.

How perfect is that???

Rag Bag #1

The lining is a re-purposed dress... and the handles are cut from old jeans...

Rag Bag #1

Doesn't it look FABULOUS?

I'm so delighted with the way it all came together...

And guess what? It's for sale!

I've started to stock my Madeit Store. If you haven't heard of Madeit, they're an Aussie version of Etsy (except that they ONLY stock handmade items - so unfortunately I can't list my patterns for sale there)

Anyway.

Many of my finished items will be appearing in the store - so check it out here... And if you LOVE something - SNAP IT UP before someone else does! Because my pieces are ALWAYS one-of-a-kind... so there will never be an identical one available...

Rag Bag #1

7 comments:

Cliodana said...

love it, such a beautiful way to repurpuse your clothes!

Jaggas, a Pirralha said...

Did you cut the rags out of old t-shirts yourself or did you buy it?

Rebecca said...

What a cool idea! Love it!

laughing purple goldfish said...

Pirralha - the rags were cut from old clothing and bed linen - the strips are about 1/2 inch wide

Twigwoman said...

Brilliant as ALWAYS!!!!! Love the Denim accents!!!!

Neen said...

The bag is fantastic! Amazing what you can do from some old rags! I find your work inspiring as always :) Love your Made It shop - great to see some of your beanies in there!

kj sunflower said...

Love your bag! Your so crazy good at recycling, you use things I wouldn't even think of! Great job!