Thursday, June 28, 2012

Distraction

Magazine Slippers

I've been working on that Male Centaur... but I need to take a break for a bit.

Of all things, it it the chest which is driving me bonkers!

I think that I'm actually trying to do too much with it. Trying to include broad shoulders and a six-pack along with guns to die for... it's all a bit of overkill really, and I need to step back, re-assess and then start afresh...

So I'm distracting myself with a Crochet Today magazine which Cristina left behind after our Crochet Meet yesterday. I had been checking out these slippers during the Meet, and now that the magazine has been left behind... I figure I've got time to make them before returning it at the next get-together in a fortnight!

Magazine Slippers

I love the idea of the double thickness sole and I'm always a bit of a softie for any project which features the Granny Square. That being said, I would like to make it clear that I WILL NOT be making the matching scarf, bag and doggie coat on the front of the magazine!

Magazine Slippers

As you can see, the slippers are fairly simple.

Not sure if they might be a bit too boxy to stay on the feet properly, but I'll test them out and let you know...

Magazine Slippers

Meanwhile, there is a Little Girl sitting here with me waiting patiently for her breakfast.

So it's time to finish up the coffee... put the magazine away... and get back to being a Mum.

Charlotte


2 comments:

wendy said...

She has such beautiful eyes!! Look forward to hearing how the slippers go, they do look very comfy ☺

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Granny Squares are so comforting, aren't they? And that little one...so sweet!!!