Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Can Sew!

PC240028

I've decided that it's time to stop telling everyone that I can't sew...

And stop telling MYSELF that I can sew...

Because I can.

I might be slow, and fiddly in my process... and things might not always go according to plan on the first go...

But I Can Sew.

I am a BEGINNER

IMG_0292

I've had this book for years and years. It has survived many of my Library Culls, because I knew that ONE DAY I would make something from it.

And guess what? I FINALLY DID

IMG_0293

These little guys are called Prancing Ponies, and I decided to make one for my New Niece for her First Christmas.

PC230011

The fabric I chose was not really traditional for a Baby Toy, but I thought that I could make it work... with a Scrappy Mane, and a Trademark Heart.

PC230015

When I finally had the Prancing Pony assembled, I showed her off to Mr Goldfish...

PC240046

"Something's missing", he commented... "It should have a horn"

PC240026

And yet again, Mr Goldfish was right. It did need a horn, so it could morph into a Magical Unicorn

PC240018

4 comments:

Sam said...

She is gorgeous! Love the fabric, love the horn and the heart.
I bet you can do anything, once you set your mind to it :-)

Unknown said...

Very nice!!! I want to learn to sew one day. You can definitely sew.

the little knitter who could said...

Yep, you can sew!

I agree, it definitely needed the horn, love the way you made it :)

Susie - secondhandsusie.blogspot.com said...

I love her!