Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beaded CDs...

IMG_0317

I saw this tutorial on CD weaving a little while back, and found these ones done with wire and beads to be especially interesting...

So I had to make one for myself!

They're a bit fiddly, and the beads don't aways end up sitting the way you want them to, but you have to relax and remember that wire has a mind of it's own at times...

Try not to stress about it all looking perfect - it's not meant to be!

IMG_0229

We also did some yarn CD weaving, Little Miss Seven and I.

So what will I do with these pieces?

No idea!

Although I'm thinking about incorporating the beaded one into a freeform piece that I'm working on...

IMG_0228

4 comments:

Cindy said...

How sweet are the woven ones! The beaded ones are interesting though.

Hugs XX
Barbara

psmflowerlady said...

I immediately thought wreath when I saw the woven one and maybe with two sided beaded christmas ornament or garden art to catch the sunshine on the reflective cd and beads. Maybe superglue the bead one to a dowel and attach some sort of "leaf" and the beaded cd would be like a flower in the garden? That's just what came to mind when I saw yours - which by the way are both really cool!

sallgood said...

Hi! Thanks for the link to my blog! I'm so glad to see your artwork! I love seeing that someone tried my beaded one- I have mine hanging in my office. If you make a few more yarn or beaded, you can make a square or rectangle of them, attached to each other as a piece of fiber/upcycled art.

Beez Bonetz N Thanz said...

What fun! I love the jazzy beads you used.