Thursday, December 1, 2011

In Real Life the Green is WAY Brighter...

PB300066

I first spotted this fabric a few weeks ago at the local Vinnies...

I thought it would be perfect for some PJs for my son - after all, these are his two favourite colours in the world right now. But they wanted $12 for it... and it's only op shop fabric...

So I left it a week or so. It was still there, and I thought about buying it... But they STILL wanted $12 for it... and it's only op shop fabric...

Then another week went by... Again it was still there, and I almost bought it... But they STILL wanted $12 for it... and remember it's only op shop fabric...

Meanwhile, I happened to be in Lincraft yesterday, so I thought I'd see what they had to offer. They had some similar fabric, though not nearly the right colours - for $14 per metre. All of a sudden, the Vinnies fabric (all 4.75 metres of it) seemed a bargain.

So I raced back for a fourth time - and it was still there!

Of course it was still there, I thought to myself - NO ONE is going to pay $12 for op shop fabric...

And then I did.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Sometimes you just have to and it feels right. :)