Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Nan Bear

PA230038

Isn't he adorable? I've lost count of the number of bears I have made from this Jean Greenhowe pattern - and they all turn out brilliantly!

Want to see some progress photos?

PA230007

First up - I always use new stuffing... I haven't yet found a recycled alternative which is low allergen and gives the same shape and softness.

PA230008

Starting with the head...

PA230009

Add some ears...

PA230012

A nose and a mouth...

PA230016

And if it was socially acceptable, that's exactly where I would stop!

The head is the fun part... that's where all the features are... and the personality.

The rest of it is kind of boring, but unfortunately most people would find it a little macabre if you were to gift a bear head - so I always feel obliged to add the body and limbs!

PA230022

Some legs..

PA230025

And arms...

PA230029

And a ribbon to finish him off...

Plus I always keep my scraps:

PA230030

7 comments:

Colette said...

Your special bear is wonderful, your Mum will always be near that new baby. Hope everything goes well xx

Marlene said...

What an adorable bear!!
You are one amazing artist!!!

Sam said...

He's a gorgeous colour and very handsome!

sonietaSun said...

it's delicious!!!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

LOVE...so cute!!!

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks fo rthe lovely feedback everyone... I have now gifted the bear, and he was VERY well received!

pharmacy reviews said...

you know that in Japan there's a tradition, when someone like you, you make a stuffed bear like this, so you deliver it to that person, adn if that person back another bear, you are a really lucky person.