Wednesday, July 14, 2010

vibrant green

P7150001

Added a vibrant green to my ripple blanket...

I was so sure that I had taken a photo of the original jumper, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

It was beautifully hand knit, but had never been worn.

I can imagine that very few people would look good in this particular shade of green.

In small doses, it really brightens things up...

But an entire garment in this one colour??? Ugh

Meanwhile, I scored myself almost 700g of pure wool to craft with. Just took a little bit of unravelling first.

P7150002

6 comments:

misha said...

That's my favourite shade of green. I'm sure it'll brighten up the blanke!

Sam said...

Yum! I love that colour. I don't think I have a top all that colour, but it's probably a close run thing ;-)

(I have the strangest items in my wardrobe, which is probably why certain items are worn to death)

Sam x

Kyliie said...

Beautiful! I need to learn to unravel stuff (correctly)!

Deb said...

That's such a cool pattern with the overlapping!

Elizabeth said...

To do the overlapping, you're crocheting in the backloop of the color below, correct?

Sharon Maher said...

elizabeth... yes

in this one, I am changing colour every 2nd row...
and on the 1st row of a new colour, I work into the back loops only
it's a very striking effect!