Thursday, June 11, 2009

project #11 - oasis painted pedis

foot

pattern used -
yarn used -
  • wonderfully soft recycled cotton, 5ply/sports weight
hook used -
  • 2.5mm steel
thoughts -
  • this is a nice, clear, easy-to-follow pattern
  • I had to stop about five rounds before the end... because they were getting too long for my feet
  • this meant that I don't have the shell edging near the toe end of the sock
  • instead, I added a round of sc in a contrasting colour... which I worked on the wrong side of the sock
  • then I embroidered a row of running stitch, using two strands of yarn closeup of trim
both feet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so I FINALLY broke down and bought the book. I'm sick and tired of looking at all the gorgeous stuff you're making. I need my own. Love the socks and that shawl pin! UGH! I'm going on a 3 week trip "back home" so I think I'll take this book along and play!

laughing purple goldfish said...

leslie - hope you're having a wonderful trip... I look forward to seeing your interpretation of some of these patterns, too :)