Thursday, April 9, 2009

capelet update

close up - stitches

Well... it was a speedy project, but I'm not quite finished yet...

The main body is done, but I am trying to decide on what kind of a trim to go with...

At first I had a beaded trim in mind, using an assortment of reclaimed wooden beads... only then I thought that although it would LOOK FABULOUS, it could be terribly uncomfortable if you were sitting with beads running across you back!

I don't think that I really want to do tassels... they would bulky up that whole boosie area... and I don't really need any more bulk there!

Don't really want to leave it plain either... so I'll have a play around with it later... and let you know what I come up with

body

6 comments:

heklica said...

Gorgeous colours agan! You crochet faster than I comment :)))

Mannie of MannieMandible said...

I love the colors you've used! I think wooden beads would be lovely, but probably uncomfortable. Maybe do a "lace" trim? Like this...http://www.heirloomcrochet.com/ppcartierbresson3trim.jpg?? Don't do the tassels and maybe play around with the shape? Just some ideas (:

♥Mannie
http://MannieMandible.webs.com

Anonymous said...

Could you get a yarn with a sparkly thread running through it and then do a super long chain and weave it through the last edge? Or maybe a metallic thread and crochet that to give it a bit of ooomph without being uncomfortable?

CT said...

I like how it turned out! can't wait to see the trimming you choose!

Sam said...

Oh yes, this looks lovely. Can't think of any useful decoration suggestions - I shall wait to see what you come up with.

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks to everyone for your comments...

I finished the capelet and wore it while on holidays... love it... will post photos soon