Sunday, September 21, 2008

spinning lesson

Very exciting day ahead... I have a spinning lesson.

I first learned to spin when I was about twelve years old... but that's more than a few years back now! I am in desperate need of a refresher course, and Lyndy has kindly offered to share her knowledge with myself and a couple of others this afternoon.

sheridan macarthur spinning wheel

Mr Goldfish bought me this traditional spinning wheel for Christmas last year. I have been having fun using it to spin plarn, and also to ply together different recycled yarns. But now the time has come to use it 'properly'. I'll take it with me to my lesson today, and hopefully pick up some pointers on how to care for it, and keep it running at it's best.

This is going to be so much fun....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Mooska said...

So how was your spinning lesson? I am a complete beginner too, had a half hour lesson from the lady i purchased my wheel from and now just practise, practise, practise!!

Look forward to hearing how your lesson went...

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. I can't wait to here how it went. Spinning seems like a very relaxing craft. Someday I hope to learn about it. Your so lucky. Have Fun.

laughing purple goldfish said...

had a fabulous afternoon... will talk more about it in the next few days :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the original yarns you come up with . . . something tells me anything you make will have your own special stamp on it :-)

laughing purple goldfish said...

stramenda - I am definitely planning to spin up some novelty recycled creations... there is a world of possibility which I am excited to explore