Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a blast from the past

Check this out...

strawberry shortcake

I'll bet it's been a while since you've seen a sewing basket that is quite this PINK... yes?

Mum has been cleaning out her laundry, and came across this fabulous Strawberry Shortcake sewing basket. I actually think that this one may have belonged to my younger sister... I have a vague recollection that my first sewing basket was a vibrant shade of yellow.

My sister doesn't share the same love of 'treasures from the past' that I do. So the basket has come to live with me. As you can see, the fabric on top has become a little grubby over the years but I'm hoping it should clean up nicely.

As an added bonus, the basket was full of sewing related goodies which are no longer of any use to Mum... so they have come to live with me too. Nothing super fancy, but when you have a NOTHING NEW policy for your craft supplies, surprises like this are wonderful! Sequins, lace, bells, sequins, buttons, press studs, sequins, elastic, googly eyes, sequins, safety pins, hook and eye closures, sequins, self-covering buttons... even Girls' Brigade badges... and of course, more sequins

strawberry shortcake - fillings

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Oh my goodness!

I am sure I had one like that once too!!!! Mine might have been green with care bears on it though I think!!

Love
Narelle